Closing Date: April 21, 2017
Town of Odessa
2017 Water System Improvements Project
Sealed bids must be received by mail, recognized carrier, or hand delivery to the Odessa Town Hall, located, at 21 E 1st Ave (PO Box 218), Odessa, Washington 99159 on or before 11:00:00 AM. on Friday April 21, 2017, at which time the bids will be publicly opened and read aloud.
The project generally consists of the following work:
- The base bid will replace water mains, services, and select meters serving along portions of S Alder Street, S Division Street, W 2nd Ave. and the Alley between S Alder and S Division. Also included in the base bid is the replacement of water meters, boxes, and related work for locations throughout the Town of Odessa. In addition to the meters a radio read system, software, and training will also be purchased and provided by the contractor.
- Additive Alternate 1 includes installation of additional water meters and removal of old meters from private right of way at select locations throughout town.
- Additive Alternate 2 includes Purchase and supply of meters and setters for the Town of Odessa.
Fifty (50) working days will be allowed to complete the base bid work. Nine (9) additional working days will be provided if Additive Alternate 1 is awarded and one (1) additional working day will be provided if Additive Alternate 2 is awarded.
Each proposal must be submitted on the prescribed form and accompanied by cash, a certified check, cashier’s check, or bid bond, payable to the Town of Odessa, in an amount not less than five percent (5%) of the amount bid. The successful bidder will be required to furnish a performance bond and payment bond, each in the full amount of the contract price.
Contract documents may be examined at the following locations:
- Odessa Town Hall, 21 E 1st Ave, Odessa, WA 99159
- Century West Engineering, 11707 E. Montgomery Dr, Spokane Valley, WA 99206
- Associated General Contractors, 4935 E. Trent, Spokane, WA 99212
- Spokane Regional Plan Center, 209 N Havana St., Spokane, WA 99202
- Associated Builders and Contractors, 1760 E. Trent Ave, Spokane, WA 99202
Contract documents may be procured from Century West Engineering upon payment of a $40.00 non-refundable plan fee for each set. A Mandatory Pre-Bid meeting will be held at 10:00:00 a.m. on Friday April 7, 2017 at the Odessa Town Hall, to answer questions about the project and tour select sites. For information regarding the proposed work, contact Steve Nelson of Century West Engineering ((509) 838-3810, email@example.com).
This project is funded through the Washington State Community Development Block Grant Program with federal funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. All work performed will be subject to the higher of prevailing State or federal Davis-Bacon wage rates.
The Town of Odessa shall have the right to reject any or all bids not accompanied by bid security or data required by the bidding documents or a bid in any way incomplete or irregular.
The Town of Odessa is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Small, Minority- and Women-owned firms are encouraged to submit bids.
Lois Hubbard, Mayor