Closing Date: March 9, 2017
Seattle School District No. 1
Bid No. B11633
Project Title: E.C. Hughes Elementary School Modernization Project
Date of Bid Opening: March 9, 2017
NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS:
Sealed Bids will be received by Seattle Public Schools (“SPS” or “Owner”) through and including
2:00 p.m. on March 9, 2017 at the Seattle Public Schools’ John Stanford Center, Contracting Services Section, 2445 Third Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134 for E.C. Hughes Elementary School Modernization Project. The remodeling will encompass work in the main 3 story 47,307 sf school building and adjacent portable classrooms, and will include but not be limited to the following:
- Architectural: Removal of existing interior walls ceilings and finishes as indicated in documents. New walls, infill floors, doors, ceilings, finishes and hardware as indicated in the documents. Replacement of windows on South side and construction of ramp on North side as bid alternate
- Structural: Infill floor structure, portable upgrades, ramp footings on North side, seismic upgrades as indicated in documents and miscellaneous upgrades related to MEP and interior renovation of building.
- Mechanical: Complete removal and replacement of mechanical system including (but not limited to), ductwork, piping, boilers, air handling units, fin tube radiators, unit heaters, pumps and DDC controls system.
- Plumbing: Complete removal and replacement of plumbing system including (but not limited to), all above ground W/V/CW/HW/HWC piping and appurtenances, fixtures, hot water heaters, recirculation pumps, and grease interceptor.
- Electrical: Complete Removal and replacement of electrical wiring in main building, new panels and new low voltage system in main building, relocation of distribution panel to portables and new security system utilizing salvaged devices as indicated in documents.
- Fire Suppression: Modification of existing fire suppression system.
- The District participates in the E- Rate program. General Contractors and or low voltage subcontractors must have or be willing to obtain an E-Rate SPIN (Service Provider Identification Number) to bid on the project and provide their SPIN within (30) days of bid opening by SPS. For more information on the E-Rate program or to obtain a SPIN, go to: http://usac.org/sl/service-providers/step01/default.aspx.
- GC to clean any equipment, ducting, transfer grills, bird screens at any fresh air relief or return openings or any other misc. MEP to be re-used as part of the final project. If professional duct cleaning is required, the GC shall be responsible.
The cost range is $8,500,000 to $9,000,000. Prior to 3:00 p.m. on such date, bidders shall submit bids on alternates and subcontractors. Shortly after 3:00 p.m. bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Bids received after the day and hour stated above will not receive consideration. Owner reserves the right to postpone the Bid opening.
The Project site is available for inspection by prospective bidders at a pre-bid site meeting and walk-through at 10:00 a.m. on February 22, 2017, at 7740 34th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98126. Check in at the main office. Any questions relating to the project or this advertisement should be directed to Contracting Services, (206) 252-0571.
Bid documents are available beginning February 07, 2017 in the following ways:
- On-Line Plan Center
Bid documents, associated addenda and Bidders List are available at no charge at Builders Exchange of Washington, Inc. On-line Plan Center (www.bxwa.com). To access documents on-line with Builders Exchange, go to “bxwa.com” and click on “Posted Projects,” “Public Works,” “Seattle Public Schools” and “Projects Bidding.” It is recommended that bidders “Register as a Bidder” in order to receive automatic email notification of future addenda, to download addenda, and to be placed on the “Bidders List.” Bidders that do not register will not be automatically notified of addenda and will need to periodically check the on-line plan room for addenda issued for this project. Contact Builders Exchange at (425) 258-1303 if additional assistance is required.
- Reprographic Outlet
General contractors may pick up a maximum of two complete sets of Bidding Documents, and mechanical and electrical subcontractors may obtain one complete set of the Bidding Documents for a refundable deposit of $150.00 per set, by business or cashier’s check only, made payable to Seattle Public Schools at the office of:
1750 Fourth Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134
between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Said deposit will be fully refunded upon the return of complete, unmarked and non-mutilated Bidding Documents to United Reprographics within 30 days after the Bid Opening date.
The Bid Notification will also be available on the Seattle Schools website at:
http://www.seattleschools.org/procurement, click on “Additional Links” then “Current Solicitations.”