Closing Date: March 28, 2017
INVITATION TO BID
Sealed bids will be received by Town of Mansfield (Owner) for the construction of the Pioneer Hall Rehabilitation, in Mansfield, Washington.
Bids are due on or before 2:00 PM PST on Tuesday, March 28, 2017. Bids received after this time will not be considered. Bids shall be delivered to:
Ms. Tricia Sima
26 Main Street
Mansfield, WA 98830
Sealed bids may be delivered by certified US mail or courier. Telephonic, fax, or email bids will not be accepted or opened. Bids will be publicly opened and read aloud immediately thereafter.
For more information contact Forte Architects, Inc., (509) 293-5566
A mandatory pre-bid meeting and walk through will be conducted at 2:00 PM PST, Thursday, March 16, 2017 at the Town Hall, located at 26 Main Street, Mansfield, WA. Only general contractors that attend this mandatory pre-bid meeting and walk through are permitted to submit a bid.
Each bid shall be submitted in accordance with Project Bidding and Construction Document requirements and shall be accompanied by a Bid Bond or Cashier’s Check made payable to Town of Mansfield, in the amount of not less than (5%) of the total amount of the Base Bid and (any and all) Alternates. Performance and Payment Bond for 100% of the Contract will be required as a condition of entering into a contract.
SCOPE OF WORK
- The Project consists of remodeling the existing Pioneer Hall (senior center) in downtown Mansfield. The project includes expanding the functions of the senior center into a large storage area at west end of building. Large sliding barn doors will be installed to allow for the two spaces to be opened up for large events. New restrooms, custodial, and storage areas will be provided at the south side of the building, and the kitchen will be completely remodeled with new cabinetry, appliances, tile flooring and backsplash, plumbing, ventilation, and a large custom kitchen island. The foodbank space will be enlarged and new paint, flooring, acoustical ceiling tiles, lighting, and HVAC will be installed. No work is to take place in the town hall portion of the building except the HVAC upgrades as shown per the documents, which may include removing and reinstalling portions of the ceiling grid for installation of the mechanical equipment.
- The west exterior wall (alley side) has two large roll-up doors that are to be removed and infilled with storefront windows incorporating a single man door. A new exterior door and wall infill will be provided at the foodbank as one of the listed cost alternatives. No major work to the east exterior of the building is included.
- Minor structural repairs at the northwest floor of the building including replacement/repair of approximately 5 broken floor joists. The intent of this work is to flush the floor finish with the top of the exposed/visible concrete foundation wall. Contractor shall be prepared to verify existing conditions and report to architect and structural engineer for further coordination. Other structural items include a large header over the new barn doors and floor infill of the existing stair opening.
- Scope does not include any major structural upgrades to the building except as required to accomplish above mentioned improvements. Hazardous material identification and/or remediation are not within the scope of work.
This project is partially funded through the Washington State Community Development Block Grant program with federal funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Wages on this project ARE subject to Washington State Prevailing Wage rates and Davis-Bacon. All work performed on this project will be subject to the higher of the prevailing state or federal wage rates. Apprenticeship documentation participation is required. Prevailing Wage Rates can be found at www.lni.wa.gov/.
Bidding Documents as prepared by Forte Architect, Inc., including Instructions to Bidders, Form of Agreement, General Requirements, Drawings and Specifications entitled, Pioneer Hall Rehabilitation, dated March 2, 2017, are available at www.fortearchitectsplanroom.com. Bidders are required to register at Forte Plan Room. Bidders may down load digital files at no cost. Bidders may purchase printed documents, at bidder’s expense, by selecting the “Order” option. Any questions regarding the plan room, please contact Auron K. at 509-747-2964.
Bids will be opened and read aloud publicly by the Owner immediately following the hour as set above at 26 Main Street, Mansfield, WA. Prime bidders are welcome to attend the bid opening.
Bidders must be properly licensed under the laws governing their respective trades and be able to obtain insurance and bonds required for the Work. A Performance Bond, separate Labor and Material Payment Bond, and Insurance in a form acceptable to Owner will be required of the successful Bidder.
In addition to bid price the successful low bidder will be evaluated by Owner according to the following criteria:
- Proper license under the laws governing their respective trade(s).
- Capacity to provide adequate Performance Bond, Labor and Material Payment Bond, and Insurance in a form acceptable to Owner.
- Adequate financial resources, work-in-hand capacity, adequate organization, and acceptable past performance.
- Applicable experience of firm, including experience of Project and field management staff to be assigned to the Work specific to similar projects.
The Owner intends (but is not bound) to award a contract to the lowest responsible bidder, provided the bid has been submitted in accordance with the requirements stated herein and the bidder is deemed qualified as stated above. The Owner has the right to waive any informality or irregularity in any bid or bids received, and to accept the bid, which, in its sole judgment, is in its own best interest. No bidder shall assume or consider itself under contract after the submittal of bids until a bidder has been accepted by the Owner, and an agreement has been fully executed.
By order of:
Town of Mansfield
The Town of Mansfield is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Small-, Minority-, and Women-owned firms are encouraged to submit bids.