Closing Date: May 12, 2017
SECTION 00 11 16 ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID
Whatcom Transportation Authority (WTA) provides fixed route, paratransit, and vanpool service throughout Whatcom County. WTA is a municipal corporation formed in 1983. The transit revenue fleet consists of 58 fixed route buses, 41 paratransit vehicles, and 24 vanpools. WTA employs 249 employees. Additional information about WTA can be found at www.ridewta.com.
WTA is currently soliciting bids for a Prime Contractor to remodel WTA’s Maintenance, Operations, Administration, Base (MOAB).
To be considered responsive, a Bidder must meet the following minimum qualifications at the time of bid1. Sub-Contractors will also be required to meet these requirements.
• At the time of bid submittal, provide proof of a current Contractor Certificate of Registration that is in compliance with RCW Chapter 18.27.
• Provide a current Washington State unified business identifier (UBI) number.
• Show proof of industrial insurance coverage for the Bidder’s employees working in Washington as required in RCW Title 51; an employment security department number as required in RCW Title 50; and a state excise tax registration number as required in RCW Title 82.
• Not be disqualified from bidding on any contract under RCW 39.06.010 or 39.12.065 (3).
• Be registered in System for Awards Management (SAM.gov) and not be excluded from doing business
• Meet all Quality Assurance requirements provided within Divisions of Work
• Proof of City of Bellingham endorsement on Washington State UBI2
• Be a corporation established in the State of Washington
• Have a business history of a minimum of five (5) years under the same corporation name.
• Provide references under the same corporation name from the last three (3) years
• Governing people listed by Washington State Department of Licensing and registered agents provided by Washington State Secretary must not have been disqualified from bidding on any contract under RCW 39.06.010, RCW 39.12.065 (3), or 2 CFR 200.205 within the last 10 years.
This Contract will be subject to Washington State Prevailing Wage and retainage rules, and the Public Works provisions, RCW Chapter 39.04. Federal Davis Bacon will not apply. A bid bond and performance bond will be required pursuant to RCW 39.08.010(3).
Activity Date – 2017
Procurement Request Released April 19
MANDATORY Pre-Bid Meeting #1 April 26, 1:30 PM PST
Final Request for Equals or Clarifications** Tuesday, May 9 no later than 5:00 PM PST
Public Bid Opening* Tuesday, May 12, at 2:00 PM PST
Board of Directors Award Confirmation May 18, 2015
Equal Opportunity: Small, minority and women-owned Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE), as defined in 49 CFR Part 26, are encouraged to submit proposals in response to this solicitation. WTA ensures non-discrimination in the award and administration of all contracts, creates a level playing field where DBE’s can compete fairly, and remove barriers to the participation of DBE’s in our contracts.
A copy of the bid packet and drawings can be obtained by phoning the procurement office at 360-788-9332 or via email to procurement@ ridewta.com
1 RCW Chapter 39.04.350
2 Bellingham Municipal Code 6.05.025