Ready to Apply?

Download an application:


STATE (including recertification)

 Corporation & LLC $100
 Partnership $75
 Sole Proprietorship $50


 DBE / ACDBE $25
 DBE/ACDBE Annual Update $20

All fees are non-refundable.



The Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (OMWBE) is the sole certifying agency for minority, women, and disadvantaged small businesses in Washington State.  We offer the following certifications:

State Program

Certifications for the state program include MBE, WBE, MWBE, CBE, and SEDBE.  State certified firms are eligible to participate in contracting opportunities with state and local governments.  Some private sector companies recognize and use OMWBE’s state certified firms for their supplier diversity goals.

  • MBE – Minority Business Enterprise
  • WBE – Woman Business Enterprise
  • MWBE – Minority Woman Business Enterprise
  • CBE – Combination Business Enterprise (owned by 1 minority man and 1 non-minority woman)
  • SEDBE – Socially and Economically Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (owned by a non-minority, socially and economically disadvantaged male)

Download and complete one of the following applications to apply for certification as an MBE, WBE, MWBE, CBE, or SEDBE based on your business structure, such as Sole Proprietor, LLC, Corporation, etc.

The firm must be licensed to do business in the State of Washington in order to be eligible for certification.

Federal Program

Federally certified firms are eligible to participate in transportation specific federal projects including construction work on rails, roads, bridges, airports, and seaports.  This certification is only for those firms who do transportation related scopes of work.  The federal projects are funded by the US Department of Transportation (USDOT), including the Federal Highway Administration, (FHWA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and Federal Transit Administration (FTA).

  • SBE – Small Business Enterprise.  SBE certified firms count towards USDOT small business (gender and race neutral) goals.
  • DBE – Disadvantaged Business Enterprise.  This certification counts towards USDOT gender and race conscious goals.
  • ACDBE – Airport Concessionaire Disadvantaged Business Enterprise.  These firms count towards gender and race conscious goals for the Federal Aviation Administration and the Ports.

For More information about the federal DBE program Click Here

If you are applying for federal certification (DBE/ACDBE) as an out-of-state firm, you must be certified in your home state prior to applying for certification in Washington.  If you are an out of state firm that is not certified in your principal place of business, we will not be able to process your application in Washington until you are certified in your home state.  For more information click here.


Application forms may be submitted by mail to the office at the following address:

P.O. BOX 41160
OLYMPIA, WA 98504-1160

Forms may also be delivered to the office at its location, 210 11th Avenue SW, Suite 401, Olympia, Washington 98501.

The minority, woman, or socially and economically disadvantaged owner shall be responsible for ensuring that the application is complete and accurate and is properly delivered to the office. The applicant should keep a copy of the completed form and all documents submitted with the application for its own reference.

The program maximum is $23.98 million. If your firm has over $23.98 million in annual gross receipts, your firm is not eligible for certification. Check the SBA Size Standards to ensure your firm falls within the size standards for your specific NAICS codes requested. http://www.sba.gov/content/table-small-business-size-standards