The Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (OMWBE) is the sole certifying agency for minority, women, and disadvantaged small businesses in Washington State.
We offer the following certifications, click the arrow to expand each section below:
Certifications for the state program include MBE, WBE, MWBE, CBE, and SEDBE. State certified firms are eligible to participate in contracting opportunities with state and local governments. Some private sector companies recognize and use OMWBE’s state certified firms for their supplier diversity goals.
- MBE – Minority Business Enterprise
- WBE – Woman Business Enterprise
- MWBE – Minority Woman Business Enterprise
- CBE – Combination Business Enterprise (owned by 1 minority man and 1 non-minority woman)
- SEDBE – Socially and Economically Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (owned by a non-minority, socially and economically disadvantaged male)
Download and complete one of the following applications to apply for certification as an MBE, WBE, MWBE, CBE, or SEDBE based on your business structure, such as Sole Proprietor, LLC, Corporation, etc.
The firm must be licensed to do business in the State of Washington in order to be eligible for certification.
Federal Program – In State
Federally certified firms are eligible to participate in transportation specific federal projects including construction work on rails, roads, bridges, airports, and seaports. This certification is only for those firms who do transportation related scopes of work. The federal projects are funded by the US Department of Transportation (USDOT), including the Federal Highway Administration, (FHWA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
- SBE – Small Business Enterprise. SBE certified firms count towards USDOT small business (gender and race neutral) goals.
- DBE – Disadvantaged Business Enterprise. This certification counts towards USDOT gender and race conscious goals.
- ACDBE – Airport Concessionaire Disadvantaged Business Enterprise. These firms count towards gender and race conscious goals for the Federal Aviation Administration and the Ports.
Washington State Firms
For More information about the federal DBE program Click Here.
Federal Program – Out-of-Washington State Firms
For more information specific to applying for DBE/ACDBE certification as an Out-of-Washington State Firm click here.