How to File a Public Records Request
We prefer requests in writing or e-mail so both parties have a record of the contact. If this is not possible, we can discuss a request over the telephone and place it in writing for the requester. Direct requests and questions about public records to: Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises, Public Records Officer, 1110 Capitol Way South, Suite 150, PO Box 41160, Olympia, WA 98501. E-mail: Publicrecords@omwbe.wa.gov or Phone: (360) 664-9764.
Information to Include in a Public Records Request
A request should contain the following information:
- Name, address, and telephone number or e-mail address of the person requesting the record;
- Date the request is being made; and
- Description of the record(s) requested.
A form is available, but not required, for requesting public records. You may submit the completed form by e-mail or mail using the contact information above.
Public Records Request Fees
Click here for the OMWBE Public Records Fee Schedule.
Responding to a Public Records Request
Within five business days of receiving the request, as required by law, the OMWBE will respond in one of the following ways:
- Make the requested record(s) available;
- Make a portion of the records available in installments;
- Ask for clarification if the request is unclear;
- Acknowledge the request and provide a reasonable estimate of time needed to respond; or
- Deny the request.
Material Exempt from Public Disclosure
The Public Records Act provides certain types of records and information are exempt from public disclosure. Where exempt information can be deleted from a record (redacted), the record will be provided without the exempt information. Whenever the OMWBE withholds all or part of a record, we will identify the applicable exemption on a log and provide to the requester.