Doing Business with Government
Businesses can provide their services or sell their products to government entities. In this section you can find types of opportunities, assistance available, tips and resources for doing business with these types of governments.
General Assistance for Doing Business with Government - Washington APEX Accelerator
The APEX Accelerator is a statewide program headquartered in the Thurston EDC. APEX offers no cost, confidential, one-on-one technical assistance in all aspects of selling to federal, state and local governments, including;
- Strategic market research.
- Interpreting solicitations & proposal development.
- Understanding Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), federal labor laws and invoicing systems.
- Marketing to government buyers and prime contractors.
- Certifications for small and diverse businesses to increase your competitive advantage.
- System for Award Management (SAM) and Washington Electronic Business Solutions (WEBS) registration.
Most federal, state and local contracting opportunities require registration in a vendor system to see and bid on contracts and procurements. Below, are registries for federal and state contracting systems.
System for Award Management (SAM) for contracting with the Federal Government.
Washington Electronic Business Solutions (WEBS) for contracting with Washington State agencies.
For local city, county and other public entities, you may need to register on a small works, public works, vendor or professional services roster. Try these registries.
Central and Eastern Washington*
City of Everett
City of Kirkland
City of Tacoma
City of Vancouver
Port of Seattle - Procurement and Roster System
Seattle City Purchasing & Contracting
King County Solicitations
Additional Systems to Find Opportunities*
These systems can cost money to join, but they can cover hundreds of public agencies. They can be helpful in finding opportunities across sectors and types of government in one place.
*We continue to add more vendor registries. To have your registry listed, send a link to email@example.com.