Advancing Racial Equity Conference - Auburn
for details and registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/grei-presents-a-conference-on-advancing-rac...
GREI presents: Advancing Racial Equity
Awareness --> Action --> Change
Don’t miss this conference opportunity to network, learn, and share knowledge and experiences about ways your jurisdiction and leadership may achieve racial equity in policy and practice. Elected officials and representatives from across King County will be in attendance.
Participants in GREI include: Sound Cities Association, King County, Auburn, Bellevue, Burien, Issaquah, Kent, Kirkland, Mercer Island, Port of Seattle, Redmond, Renton, Sammamish, Seattle, Shoreline, Tacoma, Tukwila and the Government Alliance on Race & Equity.
- 16 break-out sessions on government’s role in equitable policies and planning, working with communities, addressing gentrification, equity in the workforce and workplace culture, and more
- A special session exclusively for elected officials
- Community leaders plenary with Colleen Echo-Hawk (Chief Seattle Club), Estela Ortega (El Centro de la Raza) and Amina Ahmed (Partner in Employment and new SeaTac Councilmember)
- Lunch conversation with Burien Mayor Jimmy Matta
- Afternoon keynote by Aneelah Afzali, Muslim Association of Puget Sound/American Muslim Empowerment Network, who was just announced by the Council on American-Islamic Relations as the “2018 American Muslim of the Year”
Cost: $86.50 ($80 for the conference and $6.50 for Eventbrite fees)
- Cost includes participation in all conference keynotes and sessions, a grab and go breakfast, boxed lunch, and beverages throughout the day.
- Refunds will only be offered up to November 15, 2018.
- Attendee substitutions will be accepted up to 48 hours before the conference.
If you have questions about this event, the accessibility of the venue and conference materials or you anticipate needing any type of accommodation, please contact email@example.com
Green River College
12401 Southeast 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092