Skanska's BOOST program - Seattle
BOOST is a program designed to help state certified firms be successful working on construction projects with large Prime Contractors.
About this Event
The BOOST program is scheduled to meet once per week for 10 sessions. The coaching sessions will be from 5:00PM until 7:00PM starting October 2nd through December 10th. The classes will be held at South Seattle College – Georgetown Campus. All sessions will be on Wednesday’s with exception to the last session on Tuesday, Dec 10th. No class on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving (Nov. 27). Schedule below (Dates and Times subject to change).
The program is designed for Washington and Oregon state-certified firms (DBE, WBE, MBE, MWBE, etc.) by providing coaching and a better understanding of how to be successful working on construction projects with large Prime Contractors. It includes essential training from Skanska leadership on topics identified as challenges for many Washington and Oregon state-certified contractors. These include bidding, contracting requirements, safety and the PlanIt program, accounting tips, and other useful tools. Participants will find the format to include lecture, group discussions, and hands-on demonstrations with proven business practices.
An additional benefit to the program is the opportunity to network and build relationships with other contractors, Skanska leadership, and Port of Seattle Representatives. Participants will receive certificates upon successful completion of the program (100 percent attendance is highly encouraged, however you may miss one session and still receive your completion certificate). If you are unable to commit to the full program, please wait for another session.
Items to note:
- Meals are included.
- Each registration may include a +1
- There is no cost to class participants
1. Construction Accounting, Wednesday, October 2nd, 2019
2. Pre-Construction/Estimating, Wednesday, October 9th, 2019
3. Scheduling, Wednesday, October 16th, 2019
4. Planit/EHS,Wednesday, October 23rd, 2019
5. Bidding & Working with the Port of Seattle, Wednesday, October 30th, 2019
6. Contracts, Wednesday, November 6th, 2019
7. Document Review & Sustainability/LEED, Wednesday, November 13th, 2019
8. Insurance, Bonding, Skanska Prequalification, Wednesday, November 20th, 2019
9. Project Execution, Wednesday, December 4th, 2019
10. Project Closeout + Graduation, Tuesday, December 10th, 2019
For more information and registration please see: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-2019-skanska-boost-construction-manage...
South Seattle College Georgetown Campus
6737 Corson Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98108