Office of Equity Strategic Planning Listening Sessions
ATTN: Community / Stakeholders
The newly formed Office of Equity is developing a five-year strategic plan to bridge opportunity gaps and reduce disparities so everyone in WA flourishes and achieves their full potential for the next seven generations and beyond.
OMWBE is hosting four listening sessions throughout the month of July, including one session hosted in Spanish. We invite you to join us and share your thoughts.
Listening Session Dates and Registration
- Thursday, July 1st, 11-12:30pm
- Saturday, July 10th, 9-10:30am
- Wednesday, July 14th, 6-7:30pm
- Español – El miércoles 21 de julio, 3-4:30pm
If you cannot attend the listening sessions, there is also an online survey. Please take a moment to answer these survey questions by Friday, July 30, 2021.
PRIVACY: This survey is voluntary and confidential. We will not publicly disclose individual responses.
If you have questions or concerns about this survey, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background on the Office of Equity
The newly created Washington State Office of Equity was established by the legislature and signed into law in April 2020 because the Legislature found that:
- The population of Washington state has become increasingly diverse over the last several decades.
- As the demographics of our state change, historically and currently marginalized communities still do not have the same opportunities to meet parity as their non-marginalized counterparts across nearly every measure including education, poverty, employment, health, and more.
- Inequities based on race, ethnicity, gender, and other characteristics continue to be deep, pervasive, and persistent, and they come at a great economic and social cost.
VISION: Everyone in WA has full access to the opportunities, power, and resources they need to flourish and achieve their full potential.
MISSION: Promote access to equitable opportunities and resources that reduce disparities and improve outcomes statewide across state government.