Charleston Base Electric Infrastructure Construction
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that sealed Bids will be received by Kitsap Transit NO LATER THAN 2:00 P.M. March 12, 2021 and must be addressed as:
IFB KT #21-700 Charleston Base Electric Infrastructure Construction
The Work to be performed under this Contract includes, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Concrete pavement removal, trenching, backfill, and replacement
2. Installing conduit and handholes, including spares for future installations, and electrical
conductor for the charger installation.
a. Conductor to be terminated under this contract at all points except for charger pads
b. Conductor to be stubbed and taped 4 feet above charger pads for final termination by
charger supplier under separate contract
3. Foundation and electrical installation of six (6) DC fast chargers for bus charging.
4. Modifications to existing bus charger feed to supply from the north and termination of
existing feed to the existing charger.
5. Foundation and electrical installation of low voltage switchgear
6. Maintain space for future installation of Automatic Transfer Switch
Kitsap Transit’s engineer’s estimate for this work is $600,000 to $750,000.
Kitsap Transit in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, Subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, Nondiscrimination in Federally Assisted Programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 26 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or sex in consideration for an award.