Continuing Care Retirement Community Authority Assessment and Report
The Office of Insurance Commissioner (OIC) is initiating this Request for Proposals (RFP) to solicit responses from individuals or vendors interested in conducting a time-sensitive research project. This project is designed to assess federal and state authorities regulating continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) and provide a report with recommendations on creating a legal framework for shared regulatory oversight of CCRC products under Chapter 18.390 RCW, which may achieve heightened consumer protections.
The contractor selected as a result of this procurement will be required to:
• Complete an assessment of federal and state authorities on CCRC regulation.
• Provide Recommendations on shared regulatory oversight system for CCRCs in Washington.
• Submit reports on assessments and recommendations.
• Present findings as requested during the 2023 Legislative Session.
Required experience includes, but is not limited to:
• Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, the area of work for which the proposal is being submitted.
• A documented history assessing federal or state authorities as they pertain to administrative regulation of private entities within the last five (5) years.
• Past contract work completed in less than a year, without breaching terms of the contracts or missing expectations, including deadlines and deliverables.
• May 6, 2022, 11:59 p.m. PST - Questions due from vendors
• May 12, 2022 - Last amendment posted by OIC
• May 23, 2022, 11:59 p.m. PST - Proposals due to OIC
Point of contact
Contracts Specialist 2
Office of Insurance Commissioner