Independent Property Appraisal Services, Renton WA
City of Renton
Request for Qualifications
The City of Renton and the Renton Municipal Airport invites you to respond to a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for independent property appraisal services. Please respond, providing three hard copies and one electronic copy, with attachments, no later than 4:00 p.m. October 31, 2018. Send the response and direct any requests for clarification to:
Casey Boatman, Airport Business Coordinator
616 W. Perimeter Road
Renton, WA 98057-3232
About the Airport
The Renton Municipal Airport is classified as a General Aviation Reliever airport located near the downtown core of Renton, at the south end of Lake Washington. The airport is comprised of 170 acres of land, with two Fixed Base Operators (FBOs) and a float plane base including ramp/dock. Annual operations average 130,000 a year. Airport activities include light piston aircraft, corporate jet, helicopter, float plane and manufacturing of medium- to long-range business jet and commercial airline aircraft.
Anticipated Scope of Work
We are seeking an appraisal firm to provide an airport-wide assessment of land and a rent assessment of airport-owned buildings using the blended appraisal methodology. The purpose of this appraisal is to estimate the market rent for the subject properties. Analysis should include information provided and obtained about the subject properties, research of general aviation and industrial airport market trends, sales and leases of comparable properties, including land, hangars, industrial buildings and offices.
The following is the schedule for this request:
10/12/2018 – Request for Qualifications issued
10/19/2018 – Requests for Clarification Due to the City
10/24/2018 – City’s Responses to Requests for Clarification
10/31/2018 – Responses to Request for Qualifications Due to the City
11/09/2018 (anticipated) – Selection
11/23/2018 (anticipated) – Projected Award of Contract
12/01/2018 (anticipated) – Notice to Proceed
In the response to the request for qualifications, the applicant must demonstrate the following:
- The applicant must be a state certified general appraiser and a member of the Appraisal Institute with a Member Appraisal Institute (MAI) designation. Provide a copy of your Washington State Certification and MAI certificate.
- The applicant must have a working knowledge of the aviation industry including Fixed Base Operator (FBO), hangars, aviation support facilities and associated aeronautical activities, and be familiar with FAA and State of Washington rules and policies affecting airport property. In addition, applicant must have access to databases of comparable airports.
- The applicant must have completed a minimum of five aeronautical property appraisals of improved properties with a least three of comparable airport facilities and land appraisals in the last five years. Include name of entity, name, title, phone number and email address of contact person.
- The applicant must not have any outstanding lawsuits nor must the applicant have been involved in any lawsuits during the last five years that may materially affect its ability to provide the services described herein.
- The applicant must provide two current client references for which the same services have been provided. This information will be used to determine the extent to which the applicant is able to provide the services described herein.
In the response to the request for qualifications, the applicant must respond to the following questionnaire:
- Please provide a brief overview of your company, including any changes in the last five years in ownership, structure, or firm focus.
- Who are the personnel you propose to assign to this relationship? Please provide the applicant’s experience in evaluating aeronautical property for appraisal. Please include years of experience and any state in which that experience was obtained.
- Within the last 5 years, has your firm been party to litigation related to aeronautical properties while rendering similar services?
- Does the applicant have any known conflict of interests including pre-existing relationships or recently conducted business (within the last three years) with any of the current airport lessees or with any city personnel?
- Please provide a detail overview of your fee structure, and how long will you guarantee your fees.
NOTE: All documents submitted in response to this RFQ become the property of the City of Renton.
Jason A. Seth, CMC
Published: Daily Journal of Commerce 10/12/2018