Melanie Dressel Park Improvements Project
REQUEST FOR BIDS
METROPOLITAN PARK DISTRICT OF TACOMA
MELANIE DRESSEL PARK IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
J2022-26 Bid Notice
The Metropolitan Park District of Tacoma will receive sealed bids for Bid# J2022-26, Melanie Dressel Park Improvements Project, at the office of Planning, Design & Development, Metropolitan Park District of Tacoma, 4702 S 19th Street, Tacoma WA 98405 until Tuesday, 1:00 PM, October 4, 2022. Bids will be opened and publicly read aloud at 1:05 PM.
Bids received after the appointed time set for receipt will be returned unopened.
The project includes, but is not limited to:
1. Clearing and grading of existing surface materials.
2. New playground with tower, bridge, slides and log climbers.
3. New comfort station building with community room.
4. Concrete paving, curbs and walls
5. Landscaping including but not limited to boulders, soil, irrigation and plants, etc.
6. Site furnishings of benches, tables, bicycle ramps, interpretive signage, etc.
7. Site lighting and electrical
8. Site utilities including stormwater management, new sewer and water connections.
9. Concrete and asphalt paving, ADA ramp in the right of way
Prevailing Wage Rate requirements and the Metro Parks Tacoma Apprenticeship Training Program requirements will apply; 416 apprentice hours are estimated for this project.
Minority & Women Owned Enterprises (MWBE) participation will apply.
Metro Parks Tacoma encourages an MWBE goal of eight percent (8%) on all Public Works projects ESTIMATED AT $20,000.00 OR MORE, including Subcontractors. The Washington State Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (OMWBE) is able to assist regarding the process and status of certification. They can be reached at: (360) 664-9750, www.omwbe.wa.gov, or 1110 Capitol Way S., Suite #150, PO Box 41160, Olympia, Washington 98501.
The base bid and alternates estimate range is $ 1,800,000-2,500,000. Time of completion is 365 calendar days.
A pre-bid meeting will be held at Melanie Dressel Park, 1147 Dock Street, Tacoma, WA 98402 on September 20, 2022 at 11:00 AM. Bidders are encouraged to visit the site prior to the pre-bid conference.
Bid documents will be available September 12, 2022 at ARC Tacoma (632 Broadway, Tacoma, WA 98402) and may also be viewed at the following plan centers:
1. Builders Exchange of Washington, Everett, WA, 425-258-1303
2. ConstructConnect, Seattle, WA, 800-364-2059
3. DJC Plan Center, Portland, OR, 503-274-0624
4. DJC Plan Center, Seattle, WA 206-622-8272
5. Dodge Data and Analytics, Portland, OR, 413-304-2008
6. Lower Columbia Contractors Association, Longview, WA, 360-425-8820
7. Small Business Incubator, Tacoma, WA, 253-722-5800
8. Southwest Washington Contractors Association, Vancouver, WA, 360-694-7922
9. The Blue Book Building & Construction Network, NY 888-720-1710
Bid documents will be available September 12, 2022, at ARC Tacoma, 632 Broadway, Tacoma, WA 98402. Please order bid documents online at https://order.e-arc.com/arcEOC/x_project.asp?de=489DFBEB-9C9A-434A-8517-... or email at www.tacoma.bidservices.com or call (253) 6363 for availability prior to picking up documents. Project information and the plan holders list will also be available online. A non-refundable check for $25.00 (per set) payable to Metro Parks Tacoma for purchase of bid documents is required (accounts with ARC may be used to purchase bid documents). If you would like them mailed, please contact ARC for additional shipping costs, payable to ARC (accounts with ARC may be used for shipping costs). Questions may be directed to Kristi Evans, Capital Program Manager, at
Kristi.Evans@tacomaparks.com or (253) 305-1054.