Police Civilian Oversight Recommendation Consultation Services RFP
The purpose of this request for proposals (RFP) is for the City of Olympia (City) to solicit proposals from qualified respondents to develop a recommendation for civilian oversight of the Olympia Police Department; and to facilitate a stakeholder engagement process to solicit input that will both shape and support the recommendation. The consultant will develop model(s) for the City Council’s appointed 11-member Social Justice and Equity Commission’s consideration and will facilitate a stakeholder engagement process to ensure support for the recommended model.
The purpose of this work is to establish a model of Civilian Oversight of Law Enforcement that meets the needs of the Olympia Community. The recommended model should result in the following outcomes:
- A complaint process that is accessible to all and that few, if any, barriers exist to filing a complaint
- Investigations are fair, thorough, objectives, and without bias
- Confidence and trust in the Olympia Police Department
- Transparency and accountability
- Improved policies, practices, and training through the analysis of patterns and data
- Improve public’s understanding of police policy, training, and practices
The deadline for submission of proposal is 4:00 p.m., Pacific Time (PT), Friday, December 30, 2022.
Questions and proposals shall be submitted to the City by email to the RFP Coordinator at email@example.com. The proposal must be in Word or PDF format.
Full RFP documents can be located on Washington’s Electronic Business Solution website or obtained by placing a Public Records Request. Vendors not registered in WEBS will not receive updates or amendments to the RFP.