The purpose of this RFQQ is to solicit the legal services of a contracted presiding officer/review officer, to be available for all activities associated with service for a state agency under the Revised Code of Washington 34.05 (Administrative Procedures Act) and other state laws.
Certain decisions of OIC may be appealed when an affected person or company disagrees with the decision. Certain appeals received at the Office of the Insurance may be referred to the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH). OAH then issues an initial order that complies with chapter 34.05 RCW.
Contractor selected will be required to:
- Provide review of initial orders issued by the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) for purposes of entering a final order, which will include a review of all records and transcripts related to the initial order.
- Schedule and hear cases.
- Issue written decisions on motions presented.
Minimum qualifications include:
- At least five (5) year of experience in the fields of litigation, administrative law, insurance regulation, or policy.
- A Juris Doctor degree awarded from an accredited law school.
- Admission to practice law in the state of Washington.
Find the full solicitation on Washington’s Electronic Business Solution (WEBS), and on the Office of Insurance Commissioner Contracting Opportunities Page.
All updates and amendments will be posted in WEBS and on OIC’s website. Vendors not registered in WEBS will not receive emailed notices of updates or amendments to the solicitation and must retrieve them from OIC’s website.