Salmon Recovery Network Organizational Support
Notice of Solicitation -
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS AND QUOTATIONS (RFQQ)
Please visit the Recreation and Conservation Office (RCO) web site located at https://rco.wa.gov/about-us/employment-and-contracts/ for full solicitation details.
PROPOSAL DUE DATE:
Only e-mailed bids will be accepted.
EXPECTED TIME PERIOD FOR CONTRACT:
CONSULTANT ELIGIBILITY: This procurement is open to those Consultants that satisfy the minimum qualifications stated herein and that are available for work in Washington State.
CONTRACT VALUE: $70,000
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE
The Governor's Salmon Recovery Office, a division of the Washington State Recreation and Conservation Office (RCO), hereafter called "AGENCY," is initiating this Request for Qualifications and Quotations (RFQQ) to obtain quotations from consultants interested in bringing together core salmon recovery partners, a work group known as the Salmon Recovery Network (SRNet). SRNet was developed in 2014. The group has a mission, vision, and goal statement, along with an annual work plan.
The AGENCY intends to award one contract to provide the services described in this RFQQ.
Salmon recovery efforts in Washington State are being implemented by federal, state, and local organizations. A primary strategy it to improve communications internally among the organizations and partners involved with salmon recovery.
The AGENCY is looking for a Consultant with a strong background in natural resource management issues, strategic planning and facilitation communications. A background in Washington State salmon recovery issues is desirable. The AGENCY seeks assistance with bringing together the core salmon recovery partners. This coordinated process will help improve communications, and ideally, efficacy in accomplishing agreed-upon goals.
The Consultant selected will improve and strengthen communications among key partners in Washington State salmon recovery through the forum of an established work group, SRNet. The goal for SRNet is to bring together salmon recovery partners and create an environment for collaboration, innovation, coordination, trust, and relationship building across the various organizations.
One important responsibility of SRNet is to agree upon common goals and interests and chart the path to salmon recovery forward together. Washington has invested heavily in the local salmon recovery human infrastructure and this effort will continue to utilize and strengthen this network.
Additionally, well-crafted and orchestrated messages are key in the effort to achieve long-term salmon recovery goals.
SRNet is made up of key salmon recovery partners. These partners may include, but are not limited to:
• Regional Fisheries Enhancement Groups
• Conservation Districts
• Indian Tribes
• Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission
• Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission (NWIFC)
• Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW)
• Governor's Salmon Recovery Office (GSRO)
• Salmon Recovery Funding Board (SRFB}
• Recreation and Conservation Office (RCO)
• Puget Sound Partnership (PSP)
• Washington Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
• Washington Department of Ecology (ECY)
Goals for this group include:
- A unified message that values all roles and functions provided by network partners;
• A collaborative working relationship among network partners at each organizational level (watershed, region, state);
• A long-term funding strategy that includes all network partners;
• Attain needed capacity funding to achieve salmon recovery:
• Advance salmon recovery at all levels;
• Broaden participation.
To download the full RFQQ and addenda please visit https://rco.wa.gov/about-us/employment-and-contracts/