Services to Provide Emergency Call System Services, Everett WA
Project 2020-18 Request for Proposal for Services to Provide Emergency Call System Services
November 5, 2020
Everett Housing Authority is seeking proposals to provide emergency call system services to EHA tenants in the properties listed in the chart below. The emergency call services may be offered through either an existing pull cord system in an EHA building or through a system involving pendants that are worn or carried by tenants. (This type of pendant is also referred to by HUD as mobile personal emergency response devices.) The purpose of the emergency call services is to provide EHA tenants with access to 911 services, if needed, when they activate either a pull cord or a pendant. Such systems covered under this scope of work would only involve emergency call services while a tenant is on the EHA property where they live.
Tenants that activate either the pull cord or a pendant should have direct contact with the company providing the emergency call services. EHA staff will not be involved in these communications or held liable if the communication system or service fails. All properties for which services are requested under this RFP have existing pull cord systems, with each unit having pullcords in each bathroom and sleeping space.
Proposers may use existing pull cord systems but may have to install their own infrastructure or equipment like relay panels. The current pull cords systems are relatively old, some being up to 30 years old, so these systems may need upgrades which must be addressed in proposals. Due to the age of these pull cord systems and on-going maintenance costs, EHA may elect to use a pendant alert system in all the buildings depending on the outcome of our review of proposals in response to this RFP.
Firms interested in providing such service to EHA must complete and submit a statement of qualifications that substantiates or presents evidence of that firm's abilities and expertise in the areas defined in the selection criteria section of this document. Submittals Due: December 3, 2020 at 2 PM
The Request for Proposal (RFP) document may be viewed at www.evha.org, Click on Doing Business, Click on Current Bidding Opportunities, then click on this link:
The Housing Agency Marketplace is an electronic marketplace that allows EHA to contact vendors nationwide based on the type of service provided. Vendors that are registered on the Housing Agency Marketplace will automatically receive notification of solicitations, addendums and bid results that EHA advertises thought its website.
Options for registering your company on the Housing Agency Marketplace:
- Dedicated to One Agency – Receiving Solicitations from that specific agency based on your selected codes at No Cost
- Bronze Level / Selecting One State – Receiving Solicitations from all participating Agencies located within that one state based on your selected codes - $100.00 per year
- Silver Level / Selecting One Region – Receiving Solicitations from all participating Agencies located within that one region based on your selected codes - $300.00 per year
- Gold Level / Selecting Three of the Eight Regions – Receiving Solicitations from all participating Agencies located within those chosen regions based on your selected codes - $500.00 per year
- Platinum Level / All Eight Regions – Receiving Solicitations from all participating Agencies within the Marketplace based on your selected codes - $800.00 per year
95% of the vendors select Dedicated as just do business with one agency, the other levels are for marketing purposes when they can do business with more than one agency at a time. The Dedicateds can also move themselves from one agency to another at no cost.
Proposals will be received for this project as required in the RFP, and the Procurement Policy of the Everett Housing Authority adopted November 2015 (copy available for review at www.evha.org, will be delivered as set forth above.