Site Utilities for Future Okanogan County Superior Court and Juvenile Detention
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
Engineering Services For
SITE UTILITIES FOR FUTURE OKANOGAN COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT AND JUVENILE DETENTION
1240 2nd Avenue South, Okanogan County
This is a solicitation for Consultants to submit Qualification Statements for Engineering Services for the above titled underground utility project. Qualification Statements will be received by the Okanogan County Commissioner’s office at 123 5th Avenue North #150, Okanogan, WA 98840, until 10:00 AM, Tuesday, February 7, 2023 . Questions concerning this RFQ may be directed to the Clerk of the Board at 509-422-7100 or by email at email@example.com.
Okanogan County reserves the right to (1) reject any or all proposals not in compliance with public bidding procedures if it is in the best interest of the public to do so, (2) postpone award of the contract for a period not to exceed sixty (60) days from date of proposal opening, (3) waive informalities in the proposals, and (4) to select the proposals which appear to be in the best interest of the County.
The site is at 1240 2nd Avenue South and is approximately 162,920 square feet or 3.74 acres in size with 129 existing parking spaces. This Project does not include the existing Okanogan County Public Works building at 1234 2nd Avenue South although the new utility design will need to cross this property. The Main Building is approximately 25,554 gross square feet in size and the Annex Building is approximately 7,200 gross square feet in size. The County’s intent is to move the Juvenile Detention and Superior Courts functions from the historic Courthouse Campus area to this new site. The Program indicates that the County requirements for spaces would require the following areas:
New Juvenile Building: 28,810 gross square feet
Renovated Main Building: 26,106 gross square feet
Renovated Annex Building: 7,974 gross square feet
Okanogan County has completed the following Studies prior to the issuance of this Request for Qualifications and all are available for review by interested parties in developing Qualification Statements:
Okanogan County Juvenile Detention & Superior Courts Feasibility Study - May 7, 2021
Okanogan County Master Plan – October 2022
Okanogan County 1240 2nd Avenue South Property Pre-design Report – October 31, 2022
(Site Surveys were completed for the Pre-design Report and are available electronically from Erlandsen, Inc., 250 Simon Street SE, East Wenatchee, WA 98802 Tel: (509) 884-2562, Mobile: (253) 222-3133 firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Scope of Services
Primary Scope of Services:
All proposers must submit, as part of their proposal, a bid and information for the Primary Scope of Services as described here. Proposer is required to provide all project design, electrical engineering, civil engineering and utility coordination related services including, but not limited to:
1. Civil and Electrical Design and Drawings:
• Complete calculations and general information
• Wet/dry utility and piping plans. (Design of the underground wet utilities will require a Plumbing Engineer to identify loads for the exact sizing of the site utilities involved).
• City Plan Check Process addressing City comments by plan check and/or building department, etc.
• Set all invert elevations and line stakes that must be set by a registered Civil Engineer.
2. Wet and Dry Utility Coordination including but not limited to:
• Review plans with and submit improvement plans and applications to the respective utility companies.
• Coordinate anticipated installations, relocations and/or removals with the utility companies
• Obtain utility company designs, and work with trenching agent throughout the dry utility installation.
• Coordinate and attend joint utility meetings.
• Assist the County with utility company contracts and invoices.
• Assist in obtaining necessary permits prior to construction.
• Include company information and names/contact information of key personnel that will be involved in the project.
• List the key personnel who will be assigned to the project, which the proposer considers to be integral to the delivery of the project.
• Provide a resume for each key individual; It shall present the individual’s overall experience, Licensing, and, if proposing for Optional Scope of Service, DBE experience &/or construction experience.
Proposed Work Plan
• A detailed work plan is to be presented which lists all tasks determined to be necessary to accomplish the work of the project. The work plan shall include, but not limited to the objectives/tasks listed in the scope of work being proposed. In addition, the work plan shall include an anticipated timeline depicting the sequence and duration of each task.
• Where known, identify all of those, if any, who will be subcontracted to assist you with this project, and the extent of work for which they will be responsible. Include work to be performed, Consultant name, & license number.
• Provide at least three (3) references (current or within the past three years) that can attest to the firm’s ability to meet schedules and complete projects of a similar nature to that which is being proposed within budget and in compliance with state, federal and local regulations/ordinances. Include company name, contact name, project title, address and phone number.
The engineering firm selected for this project shall be responsible for the complete design of the underground utilities meant to serve the future Superior Court Remodel and new Juvenile Detention Building.
Okanogan County’s selection process will consist of two elements: The County will evaluate the Primary Scope of Work for all proposals using the evaluation criteria listed below, and may select a shortlist of Firms to interview. The selected proposers will be given the opportunity to discuss in more detail their qualifications, past experience and proposed work plan proposal. After the interviews (if interviews are conducted) the evaluation committee will reconvene and compare the Primary Scope of Work portion of all qualified proposals
and make a determination of the apparent best approach for the project. The selected proposer and Okanogan County will enter into negotiations. Upon successful completion of negotiations, the County will award the Contract to the successful Proposer.
Okanogan County will use the following evaluation criteria to determine which proposal will offer the best
value, ranked in order of importance:
• Qualifications/Experience - 30 points
• Proposed Work Plan/Understanding of Project - 25 points
• Proposer interview (if required) - 20 points
• References - 25 points
Requests for Clarification
All requests for clarification must be sent via email to Lalena Johns, Clerk of the Board, Email: email@example.com . Requests for clarification must be submitted by a minimum of (7) seven working days prior to the noted time for submittal. Phone calls about the RFP will not be accepted.
RFP Submission Requirements
Proposals shall be received via mail by 10:00 AM Pacific Time on or before Tuesday, February 7. 2023. Proposals received after the deadline date and time will not be considered. Proposals sent by fax will not be accepted.
Email completed package to firstname.lastname@example.org in pdf format; Subject Line: RFQ SITE UTILITIES FOR FUTURE OKANOGAN COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT AND JUVENILE DETENTION [FIRM NAME].
Mailed submissions shall be addressed and delivered to:
123 5th Avenue North #150, Okanogan, WA 98840
Attn: Lalena Johns, Clerk of the Board, RFP Civil Engineering Design Services with Optional Design Build.
Each mailed in submission shall include one original and three (3) copies of the completed package.
The County of Okanogan in accordance with section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act (Section 504) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), commits to nondiscrimination on the basis of disability, in all of its programs and activities. This material can be made available in an alternate format by emailing Okanogan County Commissioners at email@example.com.