Wisen Creek Fish Passage Project - Clallam County
Trout Unlimited (TU) is asking for contractor bids on the Wisen Creek Fish Passage
Project to remove three fish barriers and install new structures that will allow fish passage.
The project is located in Clallam County on County roads, Wisen Creek Road and Swede
Road, approximately 5.5 miles east of Sappho, WA. The stream crossings designed for this
project include two sites on the Wisen Branch Creek and one on Wisen Creek. All three
sites are within 200 meters of each other, and the confluence of Wisen Creek and Wisen
Branch Creek is directly downstream from the project sites. The replacement structures will
be a 12’ 3” span aluminum plate pipe arch and a 12’ 5” span aluminum box culvert for the
crossing on Wisen Branch Creek, and a 14’ 3” span aluminum plate pipe arch on Wisen
Creek. Project elements include but are not limited too; removal of old structures,
installation of new structures, construction of new stream channel, reconstruction of the
Wisen Creek Road and Swede Road to meet existing specifications, and rehabilitation of
disturbed areas per engineering specifications. This project has permit conditions that limits
in water construction work to take place between July 15 – September 30.
Important contract and pre-bid information including required times/dates are as follows:
TU will hold a pre-bid overview and site tour at 9:00 AM, on May 31, 2023. Attendance
at this site visit is required for contractors to bid on the project. The pre-bid tour will
Junction of Wisen Creek Road and Swede Rd:
Lat/Long: 48.063929, -124.161213
(Parking on shoulder of Wisen Creek Road)
• And include a field tour of the project area.
• Bids will be accepted up to and until Thursday, June 15, 2023 at 5:00 PM PST.
• All materials requested in the contract are required at the time of submission in
order for the bid to be verified and accepted.
• Opening of bids will occur Wednesday, June 21, 2023.
• Notice will be given to the successful bidder on Friday, June 23, 2023.
• Please note that all bids must comply with prevailing wages.
• Construction for this project will start upon receipt of a Notice to Proceed and shall
be substantially complete by October 31, 2023.
Please find the included electronic bid package: