Water Quality Improvement Project, Spokane WA
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
KELLER LANE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
Owner and Operator of LAKEVIEW SUBDIVISION WATER SYSTEM NO.19906
WATER QUALITY IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT:
NEW PRODUCTION WELL DRILLING, INSTALLATION AND TESTING
Separate sealed bids will be received by Keller Lane Homeowners Association at the office of Varela and Associates Inc., located at 601 W. Mallon Ave., Suite A, Spokane WA, 99201, until 2:00 PM, December 13, 2018, and publicly opened and read aloud at that time.
The CONTRACT DOCUMENTS may be examined at the following locations.
- Varela & Associates, Inc., 601 W. Mallon Ave. Suite A, Spokane, WA 99201 (509) 328-6066
- Various plan centers - call Varela & Associates or visit www.varela-engr.com for list.
The proposed work includes construction of a new groundwater production well to a depth of approximately 200 feet bgs and includes the following work:
- Furnish, install and remove 12-inch temporary casing to a depth of 20 feet bgs
- Construct a surface seal to a depth of 20 feet bgs
- Furnish and install permanent 8-inch steel casing to the bottom of the well bore
- Furnish and install an 8-inch telescoping stainless steel screen, K-packer, riser and tailpipe
- Sample geologic materials, measure water levels and estimate water production during drilling
- Develop, clean and disinfect the well,
- Furnish, install and operate a 125 gpm test pump during step-rate and 24-hour pump testing
The project is located off Highway 21 on Keller Lane, approximately 0.25 miles south of the Keller Ferry south landing and 12 miles north of Wilbur WA, within unincorporated Lincoln County on property owned by Keller Lane Property Owners Association.
Proposals must be submitted on the forms provided in the Contract Documents. Bid bonds in an amount not less than 5% of the amount bid are to be made payable to Keller Lane Property Owners Association. 100% performance and payment bonds will be required from the successful bidder.
Keller Lane Property Owners Association reserves the right to reject any and all bids, to waive technicalities, and in its sole judgement, accept the bid which it deems is in its best interest. Additional bid acceptance and contract award provisions are specified in the Contract Documents.
Keller Lane Property Owners Association is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (Small, Minority- and Women-Owned Businesses) are encouraged to submit bids. All work performed on the project will be subject to the higher of the prevailing state or federal wage rates.
This project is fully or partially funded through the Washington State Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Program with federal funds from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. General contractors and all subcontractors must meet DWSRF requirements and provisions. All contractors shall be licensed to conduct business in the State of Washington.
Copies of the CONTRACT DOCUMENTS may be purchased at the office of Varela & Associates, Inc., here as referred to as the Issuing Agent, for $25 per set (non-refundable, see address above). For additional information regarding this project, contact Jeff Moran at Varela & Associates, Inc., at (509) 328-6066.